Sunday, December 2, 2012

RE: 1000KM Project

Date: 19th December 2012
Weight: 110kg
Goal Achieved: 996/1000 KM (16km Swim, 775km cycle, 205km run)


Raining and feeling sick, didn't went out for a run for quite some time until my marathon day. Did some cycling to condition myself which proves to be inadequate.

Race day i can feel i'm full of stamina but my leg muscles couldn't carry me further then 20k. a bit of stretching every few km helps prolongs my legs to 30km then its was a painful last 12km with cramps all acting up and i have to sit down a few times to stretch for at least 5min to loosen the muscles. 

Next year's marathon training will start early; once i recovered, will start planning a general plan i can easily slot into my long working hour. Main focus will be condition the core muscles and strengthening the leg muscle. Endurance and stamina should be fine if i continue cycling at my average pace of 27-28km/h and maybe to push it up to 30km/h for at least 40km.

No comments:

Post a Comment